The IBS Treatment Center is different: We don’t diagnose IBS – We Solve it.
The IBS Treatment Center primary clinics are located in Seattle, Washington and Santa Monica, CA. It is easy to schedule an appointment to get started on the journey to end your digestive problems. Simply call our office at 206-264-1111 to get more information and to find an appointment time that works for you. Our normal hours are 9 to noon and 1 to 5, weekdays.
How does it work?
Your first visit at the IBS Treatment Center will be focused on understanding all your symptoms, history, and any previous medical testing and treatments that you have undertaken. The doctor will meet with you for 35 minutes or more, not the typical 3 to 5 minutes most physicians spend with their patients. During this visit the doctor will carefully listen to you to understand your situation and will answer any questions that you have. Then he will recommend testing that will provide new and valuable information to uncover the cause of your symptoms.
You may choose to package your testing if a package plan aligns well with your needs. You should budget about two hours for the visit, including parking, completing the intake, checking-out, and sample collection. Your follow-up visits will be scheduled to coincide with your lab results. Lab results typically take 3-4 weeks to arrive. Once the results are in, we provide you with a copy and the doctor explains, in depth, what they mean and will work with you to create a treatment plan to address what is found. Patients typically need a total of 3 consultations with the doctor to properly assess their problem, review results and create a successful treatment plan, and then to review their progress and make any needed adjustments to keep them on the path to healing their IBS. Every patient is different – there is no one-size-fits-all treatment for IBS.
We regularly help people from around the country and beyond successfully resolve their irritable bowel syndrome and chronic digestive problems. Patients coming from out of town generally only need to physically come to the clinic once. Nearly all patients traveling from out of town can achieve their health goals without needing to return to Seattle. More about coming from outside the greater Seattle area on our page for out-of-towners.
Pre-Consultation Phone Appointment! Interested in talking to the doctor before you make the trip and become a patient? A 10 minute pre-consultation phone appointment with the doctor is just $65. If you choose to become a patient, the cost of your first consultation will be reduced by that amount, thus making the pre-consultation free. This offer is valid when used with other discounts.
Things you should know:
The IBS Treatment Center clinics are the first and only clinics of their kind. It was founded by Dr. Stephen Wangen, the doctor who cured his own IBS and has successfully treated the digestive problems of thousands of his patients. He literally wrote the book on IBS!
Our success in treating IBS and the associated symptoms of diarrhea, constipation, gas, pain, and bloating is unmatched. Regardless of your age, or the length or severity of your problem, you should expect to live a normal life without pain, suffering, or embarrassment. We guarantee that you haven’t received our special kind of care — here are just of few things that we do differently:
- We work for you – our focus is on solving your digestive problems.
- No referral is required – though your insurance company may require it for reimbursement.
- The IBS Treatment Center is not contracted to any insurance company.
- Payment is due at the time of service. We accept most major credit cards, cash, and checks.
- Because our patients achieve their health goals quickly, we always accept new patients.
- Your consultation is with the doctor (usually 35 minutes or more), not a nurse or technician.
- No other patients are scheduled with the doctor at the same time — you are the doctor’s focus.
- The doctor listens to your complete history and story to best understand how to help you.
- The doctor clearly explains your lab test results and what they mean to you.
- Your treatment plan is very specific to you, based upon your history and lab results, not just symptoms.
- We give you a binder with copies of your lab results and lots of documentation to help your treatment be clear and remain organized.
- We provide online access through secure encrypted emailing for questions and requesting appointments.
- We publish our prices on our website, and
- We expect to be able to help you!